Chaminade High School, a Roman Catholic boys school, was founded to serve the Catholics of our area and has done so for nearly one century. Therefore, priority enrollment is accorded to baptized members of the Roman Catholic Church.
Chaminade High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its policies including admissions, academics, athletics, school-based activities, tuition and financial aid, or any other school-administered programs.
Class of 1981
President, President of the Board of Advisors, Director of Financial Aid, Faculty
Administration, Religion, Admissions
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Class of 2010
Director of Admissions
Class of 2004
Assistant to the Principal, Project Manager, Admissions Officer
Admissions, Auxiliary Staff
Young men who are interested in attending Chaminade High School are required to take the Test for Admission into Catholics High Schools (TACHS) in the fall of their eighth grade year. For consideration for admission, the student must list Chaminade High School as one of his three choices on the exam, and he must take the TACHS exam without accommodations.
A young man's admittance into Chaminade is contingent on his successful completion of the eighth grade, i.e., having a good character rating and receiving a passing grade in all eighth grade subjects at the conclusion of the regular school year in June.
After taking the TACHS exam, students must have an applicant record submitted on their behalf.
Catholic elementary eighth-grade boys automatically have their applicant records delivered to the applicant record portal. Public and private school eighth-grade boys must ensure that their applicant records are sent to their three high school choices. Applicant records must be completed and stamped by the middle school. Public and private school guidance counselors can send these applicant records via mail or email to email@example.com
Any further questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a Visit
Group Visits: Take place after school
We are excited to welcome prospective students and their families to our campus for a student-led campus tour. While on tour you will be able to explore various campus buildings and learn about academics and student life. Pre-registration is required. You must register at least 24 hours in advance of your desired appointment. You may register for a visit through the link below or by contacting the Office of Admissions at (516) 742-5555 ext. 579 or email@example.com.
Personalized Day Visits: Take place during the school day
Each student and his family are invited to schedule an appointment for a campus visit tailored just for you. Appointments are limited and should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. You may register for a visit through the link below or by contacting the Office of Admissions at (516) 742-5555 ext. 579 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the link below to view our calendar:
* If you do not receive a confirmation email within the day, please check your spam folder. *
The meeting point and GPS address for all appointments are below:Chaminade High School 340 Jackson Ave. Mineola, NY 11501
All arrangements concerning finances are handled through the Office of the Treasurer.
The total tuition for the 2023-2024 school year is $18,680. The Torch Fund contribution for the 2023-2024 school year is $2,340 per student. The parent portion of tuition is $16,340. As a convenience to parents, payments may be made according to the following schedule:
|Aug. 1, 2023||$6,540.00|
|Nov. 1, 2023||$5,700.00|
|Feb. 1, 2024||$4,100.00|
We have available a ten-month payment plan for families of a freshman, sophomore, or junior and an 8-month payment plan for families of a senior. If one of these plans is more convenient, please contact the Treasurer's Office.
Blackbaud Tuition Management
Beginning with the 2022-2023 school year, tuition is paid through Blackbaud Tuition Management. This change will offer you the convenience of secure automated tuition payments directly from your checking or savings account. Payments may also be made with a debit and/or credit card and are subject to convenience fees.
The Chaminade Development Fund, Inc.
The Chaminade Development Fund, Inc. exists for the purpose of promoting and supporting the educational work and activities of Chaminade High School. The Chaminade Development Fund has been recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as eligible to receive charitable (tax deductible) contributions.
The Chaminade Development Fund has assisted in the financing of many expansions and renovations of the Chaminade facilities over the years. The Development Fund also conducts the Tuition Scholarship Program.
A major activity of the Development Fund is the Torch Fund, Chaminade's program of annual giving. The Torch Fund solicits unrestricted gifts to the Development Fund. Earnings from the Development Fund investments are used to reduce tuition costs by providing additional revenues to the school. A long term goal of the Development Fund is to build an endowment to provide for the continued fiscal stability of the school.
The Development Fund publishes an Annual Report for all members of the Chaminade Family. Further information about the Chaminade Development Fund may be obtained from the Support section of our website or from the Director of Development.
Beginning with the Class of 1999, financial aid has been awarded based on financial need and available funds. Financial aid applications may be found here. To be considered for continued eligibility of financial aid, the following is required:
- The family must submit a financial aid application each year and demonstrate financial need.
- The student must achieve at least an 80% average for the school year.
- The student must participate fully in at least one co-curricular or extracurricular activity. Athletic participation does not fulfill this requirement. If a student needs to work to pay the remaining portion of his tuition, the activity requirement may be waived and replaced by work at Chaminade.
- The student must receive less than 10 demerits during the school year.
Merit scholarships are awarded to accepted candidates based on their scores on the TACHS exam. To maintain a merit scholarship in future years, the following requirements must be met:
- The student must achieve at least a 94% average for the school year.
- The student must participate fully in at least two co-curricular or extracurricular activities. Athletic participation does not fulfill this requirement.
- The student must receive less than 10 demerits during the school year.
No athletic scholarships are offered. Students may apply for work on the school cleaning/maintenance staff to supplement other sources of family income. Applications for this work can be obtained in the Office of the President.
How do I apply for financial aid?
Chaminade High School is committed to making a top-tier education possible for all young men regardless of financial circumstances. We partner with FACTS Management to process all financial aid applications submitted for the 2024-2025 school year. For more information, please reach out to Assistant Director of Financial Aid Mr. Matthew Davis at email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines for 2024-2025
- Aug. 9, 2023: FACTS financial aid application opens for prospective students
- Dec. 1, 2023: FACTS financial aid application deadline for prospective students
- Jan. 10, 2024: Financial aid decisions are emailed with your admissions decision
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Click here to create an account and complete the necessary application.
- Once an online application has been completed, you will need to upload all additional required documentation.
If you have any questions about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS customer care representative at
(866) 441-4637, or feel free to reach out to Assistant Director of Financial Aid Mr. Matthew Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be considered for financial aid, students must complete a financial aid application every year. The application's opening date will be announced beforehand.
Dates and Deadlines for 2024-2025
- Feb. 14, 2024: FACTS financial aid application opens for current students
- May 1, 2024: FACTS financial aid application deadline for current students
- July: Financial aid decisions are mailed to families
- My son is currently enrolled in Regents Living Environment/Earth Science. Which science class will he take freshman year?
- My son is currently enrolled in an Honors Biology course (not Regents Living Environment). Does he have to repeat this course?
- My son is currently enrolled in Regents Algebra. Which math class will he take freshman year?
- My son is currently enrolled in a Regents Geometry course. Does he have to repeat this course?
- Which World Language classes are offered?
- My son has been enrolled in a World Language course for the past several years. Which World Language class will he take freshman year?
- What is the Spanish for Speakers program?
- When do validation exams take place?
- Can Chaminade students earn college credits while at Chaminade?
We offer a validation exam for placement into AP Biology as a freshman. The AP Biology Validation Exam will assess students' understanding of an Honors Biology course. Those students who demonstrate proficiency on this exam will be invited to take AP Biology as a freshman. Otherwise, students will be placed in Honors Biology for ninth grade.
We offer a validation exam for placement into Honors Precalculus 10 as a freshman. The Precalculus 10 Validation Exam will assess students' understanding of Algebra 1 and Geometry. Those students who demonstrate proficiency on this exam will be invited to take Precalculus 10 as a freshman. Otherwise, students will be placed in geometry for ninth grade. Most students taking this exam are enrolled in Geometry as an eighth-grader.
We offer a validation exam for placement into World Language Level II as a freshman. The World Language Level II Validation Exam will assess students' understanding of a ninth-grade Level I World Language course. Those students who demonstrate proficiency on this exam will be invited to take Level II as a freshman. Otherwise, students will be placed in Level I for ninth grade.
The Spanish for Speakers program uses the language that students have grown up listening to at home as the foundation for developing their proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking the home language. Culture, traditions, and other content are taught through the language, rather than focusing strictly on the language as the object of instruction. The course features a significant study of the various Spanish and Hispanic cultures.
We currently offer 15 Advanced Placement (AP) courses that are approved by the College Board. Most colleges and universities offer credit to students who demonstrate proficiency on an AP exam. These credits are determined by the college or university, not by Chaminade High School.
Students can also earn credits from St. John’s University during their junior and senior years as part of the St. John’s College Advancement Program. For more information on this program, please contact the Guidance Department at (516) 742-5555 ext. 431.
Please enjoy our highly-interactive virtual tour from the comfort of your own home. During this tour you will get an informative and comprehensive look at our expansive campus and educational programs. This virtual tour was entirely created by our Element Film Club.