As we approach Saturday, August 1, 2020, we wanted to take a moment to share some of the final details for this momentous day.
Please be advised that Hofstra University has informed us that they will be unable to accommodate Chaminade High School for a graduation ceremony in their facilities. In addition, given the state-mandated regulations regarding graduations and social gathering sizes coupled with the risk of excessive heat and unpredictable weather, we will not be able to host an outdoor ceremony. Therefore, we have decided to return to tradition and host a restructured Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony in the Darby Auditorium for the first time since 1985.
First and foremost, the safety and well-being of all those involved has been a significant factor in this decision-making process. We have done everything in our power to make this unique experience the special day it is meant to be while still complying with the parameters and guidelines set forth by local and state health officials.
Given the importance of this occasion, we rely on your cooperation and assistance to help maintain the solemnity of this day. That being said, please be informed of the following:
Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony Procedures:
- On Saturday, August 1, 2020, graduates and their guests will arrive at the Darby Auditorium at their assigned time on a homeroom by homeroom basis. See below for a complete schedule. If you have a conflict, please contact the Office of the Principal as soon as possible.
- There will be a limit of two guests per graduate. Each graduate must arrive with his guest(s), as they will be a part of the ceremony. We understand that this news is disappointing; however, this must be done in order to maintain a safe environment that complies with social-distancing guidelines.
- The Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony will be live-streamed in its entirety and available on our website beginning at 9 A.M. The traditional valedictorian, salutatorian, and principal's speeches, as well as the presentation of all major graduation awards, will be aired at approximately at 4 P.M., after the last homeroom graduates. We will also be sharing the event on our social media channels the following week for those who are unable to watch live.
- All graduates and guests must wear face masks at all times.
- Upon arrival, please drive down Saville Road towards the Darby Auditorium entrance. Staff members will be directing the flow of traffic and parking.
- All graduates should wear their graduation tuxedos and must be clean-shaven with neatly groomed hair.
- There will be opportunities for photos during the ceremony and briefly after. However, we have 12 homerooms scheduled to graduate throughout the day. We ask that you promptly return to your vehicle and depart once your ceremony ends so we can maintain traffic flow and social distancing.
- Official graduation photos will be gifted to our graduates upon return of their tuxedos. See below for a complete return schedule.
While this is not the type of Graduation we originally planned and hoped for, we believe that it will be a beautiful way to recognize the Class of 2020. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Office of the Principal at 516-742-5555 EXT. 512.
|Class of 2020 Graduation Schedule|
|Homeroom 4A||9:00 A.M.|
|Homeroom 4B||9:30 A.M.|
|Homeroom 4C||10:00 A.M.|
|Homeroom 4D||10:30 A.M.|
|Homeroom 4E||11:00 A.M.|
|Homeroom 4F||12:30 P.M.|
|Homeroom 4G||1:00 P.M.|
|Homeroom 4H||1:30 P.M.|
|Homeroom 4J||2:00 P.M.|
|Homeroom 4K||2:30 P.M.|
|Homeroom 4L||3:00 P.M.|
|Homeroom 4M||3:30 P.M.|
|Valedictorian Speech, Salutatorian Speech,
Principal's Speech and Awards Ceremony
|Graduation Tuxedo Returns|
|Wednesday, August 5, 2020|
|10 A.M. – 7 P.M.|
|Pieta Lobby, Activity-Athletic-Center|
Graduation Update as of Thursday, July 24, 2020
We are sure that each of you can understand and appreciate the complexities of coordinating our Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony. With that being said, we have received several questions regarding photo opportunities during graduation. To accommodate your son and family, we have added additional photo opportunities for the week prior, in order to maintain the safety and well-being of all those involved.
Senior Photo Opportunities:
- Ott Field will be available for individual and small-sized group pictures during the following dates and times:
|Tuesday, July 28, 2020||3-7 P.M.|
|Wednesday, July 29, 2020||3-7 P.M.|
|Thursday, July 30, 2020||3-7 P.M.|
Senior Photo Procedures:
- Upon arrival and departure, please use the Ott Field entrance on Saville Road.
- We will be following social distancing and social gathering protocols. Therefore, we ask that your group keep to a 20-minute session to allow other individuals or groups to access the field.
- As a reminder, official graduation photos will be gifted to our graduates upon the return of their graduation tuxedos.
We look forward to Saturday, August 1, 2020, when we will finally be able to recognize the Class of 2020! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Office of the Principal at 516-742-5555 EXT. 512.